The Official Page of Radiance!

Page of Radiance

Friday, May 12, 2006

A Wii Bit of Fire Emblem

So it turns out that the flames of war will ignite on Nintendo's next-generation console, after all.

Even though Nintendo is heavily promoting new types of gameplay with its Wii console, the company has not forgotten about hardcore gamers who still love classic-styled gameplay. An example of this is the brief (but oh so tasty!) footage of Fire Emblem for Wii.

Though there were no specific details, the clip gave us a glimpse of two characters -- a thief and a sage -- as they battle against their enemies, showcasing some of the most beautiful and artistic FMV we've ever seen. The thief looks remarkably similar to Sothe -- a character from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance -- which suggests that the upcoming Wii version may be in fact, a direct sequel to the GameCube title, and that this underdeveloped character will be the protagonist of the upcoming adventure.

No other details have surfaced, but at least we know that the Fire Emblem franchise is indeed coming to Nintendo’s next-generation console, and guess what? We couldn’t be happier.

2 Comments:

Blogger think tank said...

As your signature noted, I was curious. Neat to see some AMN members on Blogger. 'Tis Andre, by the way, or Ben as they call me in the real world. Ahem.

I wish I had gotten around to playing Fire Emblem, as it seems like a great game, but alas, I only had time for one good RPG, Skies of Arcadia this time around. Perhaps I'll catch it when I get more time.

I shall give you a link on my page. You are rewarded.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Miguel said...

Thanks Andre!

You better play FE, then.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home