The Official Page of Radiance!

Page of Radiance

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Burnin' Addiction

In the words of Alexandra Roivas (from Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem), this... this can't be happening! I'm becoming addicted again. An unhealthy addiction like the one I used to have (or still do... it's just that I haven't received any dosage for a while) with the Zelda series. Yes, I'm becoming addicted to yet another Nintendo franchise: Fire Emblem.

What is it about Fire Emblem that has me totally infatuated by its strategic sexiness? Is it the blue flame that brought us together? Because of Fire Emblem, everything seems more complicated, yet simpler. In the bathroom, the tiles are not just there to cover up the plain wall... but rather to create a grid; a map of war. A map of strategy. In the darkness, I seek a torch to try and bring shine back into the room... but the fog of war is thick. All I hope is that a fellow Bishop is still in full health so he can dispel the darkness, and bring the light back. No longer is the light switch worthy.

I wait... and watch the ceiling as I frantically search for a Pegasi or a Wyvern that will come aid me in my quest for radiance. I search every corner, like a thief who doesn't need a lockpick to celebrate his success... but with no luck. I desperately looked for a taste of the Fire Emblem in the sandy plains of Begnion, but all I could think of was: "Is my luck percentage high enough?", "Will I find it in this hot, scorching sand?", "Will my movement be reduced?" Sadly, it seems as if my luck wasn't high enough, because finding the Fire Emblem was simply not meant to be. Until a glimmer of hope appeared, and a member of my party -- Jeff, the mercenary -- came to the rescue! He found the Fire Emblem, and parted ways with it so that I could sustain my life. Thank you, dear friend!

And yet, while it seemed like all was back to normality, my addiction grew stronger. So it hit me. Could it be? The man who I trusted... the mercenary who helped me... my partner in the battlefield... wanted nothing more than to have me... distracted in the combat zone? And then I realized that it was true. In the world of Fire Emblem, you can build your army. You have to plan your strategy. But you trust no one.

Oh Fire Emblem, what have you done to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miguel said...

I tried to, but it was... hard. :-x

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home